Position Title: PROGRAM ASSISTANT- FT
Reports To: Deputy Director, Programs
General Purpose: Full-time position (30 hr/week) working closely with the Deputy Director, Programs, performing data entry and administrative duties in support of all educational programs for this busy New York acting studio/school. Through these activities support the evolving mission and vision of this theater collective and performing arts school founded in 1945 by actor/director Herbert Berghof and renowned actress and master acting teacher Uta Hagen, where high quality training and practice are offered at affordable costs to a diverse community of over a thousand students per term.
● Work with Deputy Director, Programs to confirm teacher schedules for the following term and build the new term calendar
● Perform data entry and upkeep of digital platforms, entering schedule and details of all term classes, workshops, and Hagen programs into studio calendar, website, and online registration system
● Build discount codes in online registration system (ASAP)
● Build all online classes into Zoom; assist with Zoom maintenance and support
● Coordinate scheduling of Studio rehearsal and performance spaces for Studio projects, make-up classes, special events, and residencies
● Coordinate and build application forms for special workshops, classes and programs (Jotform, Google Forms); assist with tracking applicants of Uta Hagen Institute programs
● Coordinate panel auditions: Schedule online auditions and faculty panelists, set up audition dates in online registration system and website, schedule Zoom meetings for auditions, coordinate with auditioners
● Track class cancellations, makeups and other schedule changes and make adjustments to studio calendar, registration system and online postings as substitutions and class changes occur
● Other tasks as needed
Qualifications/Basic Job Requirements:
● Associates or Bachelors degree
● Excellent oral and written communication skills
● Meticulous and systematic attention to detail and accuracy
● A supportive team player and self-starter, able to multitask
● Strong organizational and time-management skills: detail-oriented problem-solver
● Personable and diplomatic in working with diverse constituents
● Superb on follow-through and reporting.
● Excellent computer skills (Google Suite, Zoom, Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, scheduling and database systems)
● Experience with data entry and data management systems
● Experience with Jotform, WordPress, and Asana a plus
● Experience writing website content a plus
● Prior nonprofit or school experience a plus
Scope of Responsibility & Positions Supervised:
● Reports to Deputy Director, Programs of the Herbert Berghof Studio. Coordinates and liaises with Registration Manager and staff, Venues and Facilities staff, and Hagen Institute Administrator. Must work well with faculty, guest artists, staff, and students while maintaining separation and discretion and upholding Studio policies.
Special Working Conditions:
This job can be performed remotely (work from home) for the right candidate.
Additional hours may be required on occasion in connection with deadlines or special projects. All staff members are expected to take part in the Studio’s annual Spring-Clean up week in May.
Salary: $19/hr (30 hours per week)
Please submit cover letter and resume to email@example.com, using the subject line “Program Assistant.”