Professional Acting Workshops for Artists –
HB Studio offers a variety of special focus acting workshops throughout the year on topics related to both artistic and career development. These offerings are designed for theater artists looking to sharpen and expand their skills and build professional peer relationships. Our list of upcoming workshops is updated regularly.
- 32 Bar Boot Camp: Musical Theater Audition Workshop (Alex Ratner) – IN PERSON
- Uta Hagen’s Exercises and Approach to the Role: Honing Your Practice, Process and Craft (Carol Rosenfeld) – IN PERSON
- Voice Over: Cartoons & Videogames (Theresa Buchheister & Ryan Downey) – ONLINE
- Acting Shakespeare (Peter Francis James) – IN PERSON
- Show Me the Money: Financial Empowerment for Artists (David M. Sharp) – ONLINE
- First Steps: Beginning Your Journey as an Actor (Richard Hoehler) – IN PERSON
- Voice Over Overview: A One-Day In-Person Intro to the World of Voice Over! (Theresa Buchheister) – IN PERSON
- Voice Over: Commercials (Jean-Marc Berne) – ONLINE
- The Language of Film (Ashish Pant) – ONLINE
- Being on Camera (Amelia Campbell & Anthony Arkin) – IN PERSON
- Body Intelligence (Brenna Palughi) – IN PERSON
- Acting Intensive with Vincent Pastore – IN PERSON
- The Actor’s Gymnasium (Mercedes Ruehl) – IN PERSON
- Laban Movement Analysis: Effort Theory for text and movement (Alexandra Beller) – IN PERSON
- Physical Comedy (Charlotte Bydwell) – IN PERSON
…And More To Be Announced!
This program is supported, in part, by public funds from the New York City Department of Cultural Affairs in partnership with the City Council and by the New York State Council on the Arts with the support of Governor Andrew M. Cuomo and the New York State Legislature.