DIRECTED BY PABLO ANDRADE –
To be held online via Zoom:
This Performance Lab tackles the collaborative process of devised theater, taps into the full potential of the elements of the stage for story-telling, and explores its potential for the re-imagining of classic plays.
We will work on AN ENEMY OF THE PEOPLE by Henrik Ibsen using our bodies, languages, dialects and our accents to build a multi-language, experimental, hybrid theatrical performance celebrating diversity, theater, and investigating the central themes of the play: education and democracy. We will explore the ways the play resonates in our time, reimagining and reexamining the text and its staging through 21st Century lenses of race, gender, culture, and more.
We are seeking actors, dancers, musicians and artists of all kinds, origins, backgrounds and experiences, willing to collaborate on an investigation of the full narrative of the stage, eager to take creative risks, and to find new ways of creating work and of reimagining existing texts. International performing artists are encouraged to join. Auditions are required (see below to sign up).
Expected work outside of class for the term can vary between 8-16 hours. Rehearsals will be conducted over Zoom videoconferencing, with some small groups meeting for in-person —outdoors— sessions, as desired and as safety permits.
- Weekly Rehearsal Sessions – March 15 – May 28:
- Mondays, 4:30pm-6:30pm
- Wednesdays, 4:30-6:30pm
- Fridays, 4:30-6pm
- Additional Rehearsals: To be scheduled with actors
- Virtual Performances: TBD
- Auditions will be held:
- Thursday, February 11, 10am-1pm
- Thursday, February 18, 10am-3pm
- Sign up for a 15 minute slot at the link below
- Please prepare this audition monologue. If you have a native language other than English, please prepare it both in English and in your native language