Presented by Director/Casting Director Pat Golden –
To be held online via Zoom:
If you are a Motivated, Organized, Proactive Strategic Thinker and Self-Starter, The Art of Casting Workshop is for You! For directors, future casting directors, and actors interested in experiencing the casting process from the other side of the table. Please Sign Up ASAP.
Learn the art and mechanics of the casting process from Director/Casting Director Pat Golden, and apply those skills with hands-on experience casting through the process of casting scenes for The Art of Directing class with a self-tape submission and call back audition process.
In this workshop, you will learn and practice the following skills and casting basics as you apply them to the casting process in real time:
- Read plays to gain an understanding of the characters and what to look for
- Write Casting Breakdowns
- Read an actor’s resume and interpret their listed skills
- Organize, schedule and prepare call back auditions
- Run the audition Zoom room
- Collaborate with Directors
- Apply diversity, openness, creativity and imagination to the casting process
As an independent-minded self-starter, be prepared to spend significant time outside of class working remotely, to prepare for the auditions, schedule actors’ auditions, complete the casting process, and work until the job is done. This workshop requires that participants be organized, proactive, and dedicated — as is the case in the “real world” of casting!
Through the direct experience in casting offered by this workshop, you will develop a marketable skillset that you will be able to use in your own work and beyond.
- Thursday, June 10, 6-9PM
- Thursday, June 17, 6-9PM
- Homework: Organize actor submissions, read scenes
- Thursday, June 24, 6-9PM
- Homework: Finish organizing actors’ submissions for casting session
- Thursday, July 1, 1PM-8PM: Casting session to view Actors’ Self Tapes with Directors (long day!)
- Homework: Schedule & confirm callback auditions
- Thursday, July 8, 6PM-9PM: Callback auditions on Zoom with Actors & Directors
- Homework: Notify & confirm actors of their casting, organize files
- Wednesday, July 14, 3PM-6PM: First read through (in Directing Class)
- Thursday, July 15, 6-9PM
Final Open Class Presentation of Scenes: Wednesday, August 18, 3-6PM (in Directing Class)