How to Use Zoom for HB Studio Online Classes
System Requirements & Set up
You will need a device (computer, laptop, phone, tablet) with an internet connection, a microphone, and a speaker or headphones. For those using Zoom on their device for the first time:
Before your first class
We strongly encourage you to watch one of the following tutorials on how to join a Zoom meeting and configure your audio and video settings:
Please also familiarize yourself with the following guide for artists taking HB classes on Zoom. The guide includes links to helpful tips and tricks:
Your Class Zoom Link
How to get the Zoom link you will use to attend class:
You will find the Zoom link to your class by logging into your student account on HB’s online registration portal using the following steps:
- Login to your student account on HB’s online registration portal.
- Navigate to My Activities
- The Zoom link will display as part of the class or lesson information.
- To join the class, click the “Zoom Meeting” link at the time that the class begins. Please save this link. You will use the same link to join this class every week:
This link is for your personal use only. You may not share or distribute this link to anyone. All individuals who enter the classroom without purchasing the class or an audit pass will be removed immediately.
NOTE: Starting Summer Term 2021, Part A and Part B classes will each have a separate link.
Attending Your Zoom Class
When it’s time to start class:
- Click the class “Zoom Meeting” link at the time that the class begins. (See steps to find your link above)
*Note: If it prompts you to sign in as host, click below on “Join meeting as an attendee”.
- You will first be put in a waiting room when you click the link to join the class. Please wait for the host of the class to let you in.
- When you enter the Zoom classroom, your mic will be muted and your video will be off. You must manually unmute yourself and turn on your video.
We ask that HB Studio Artists adhere to the following Online Code of Conduct / Etiquette:
- Please set up in a quiet room if possible.
- Please make sure that your lighting is adequate to make sure that everyone should be able to see your face clearly.
- Please test out your audio before class begins to make sure that everyone can hear you clearly, and vice versa.
- Please keep yourself muted until prompted to unmute.
- Confidentiality: What happens online stays between participants.
- No screen capturing of other peers.
- No personal recordings of the class (with phones or tablets).
- No recording of Zoom sessions allowed except for during On-Camera classes. During On-Camera classes, recordings will be made by the host only and shared as needed.
For any inquiries, please email your correspondence as follows:
- For Zoom tech support, email firstname.lastname@example.org
- For all other inquiries, email email@example.com