The Hagen Core Training is a full-time one-year training program for actors who seek full immersion in the practice of their craft. Taught over three terms by world-class faculty/practitioners, this program offers an integrated progressive curriculum of essential classes: Acting Technique, Scene Study, Script Analysis, Movement, Alexander Technique, Voice, and Speech. Now eligible for college credit transfer!*
Classes meet Mondays – Fridays, 9:30am-3:30pm, for three terms:
- Fall Term: 12 Weeks, September – December, 2024
- Winter Term: 10 Weeks, January – March, 2025
- Spring Term: 10 Weeks, March – June, 2025
- Accepting Applications on a Rolling Basis – Apply Now!
- Early Admissions Deadline: March 5, 2024
- Applications are considered on a rolling basis
(includes $50 non-refundable application fee)
Log into your account from a computer – not a phone or tablet
For your audition please prepare two contrasting contemporary monologues, two-minutes each from published plays. Auditions will be held online via Zoom conferencing, by appointment. After submitting your application, you will be contacted to schedule your audition.
WHAT IS THE HAGEN CORE TRAINING?
- An affordable full-time one-year Actor Training program taught by world-class faculty/practitioners
- An integrated progressive curriculum of essential classes: Acting Technique, Scene Study, Script Analysis, Movement, Alexander Technique, Voice and Speech
- Rooted in the advanced teachings of Uta Hagen, you will probe, practice, stretch, risk, fail, play truthfully and find the courage not to settle for cliché or imitation
- A safe place where you live in a state of constant discovery
THIS IS FOR YOU IF:
- You are prepared to train within a creative environment that will be constantly demanding artistic excellence
- You seek and can commit to full immersion in furthering your practice
- You are ready to meet yourself in your work
WHAT YOU TAKE AWAY:
- Respect for the collaborative art and craft of acting
- Knowledge of your responsibility in the work, to your colleagues, to yourself and to the audience
- A solid approach to creating a role in the professional rehearsal situation
- Security in your own process, ability and purpose
- Greater physical and emotional stamina, flexibility and awareness
- Director of Hagen Core Training & Instructor of Acting: Paul Pryce
- Alexander Technique: Martha Bernard
- Movement: Brenna Palughi
- Script Analysis: Christopher Tramantana
- Speaking Voice: Ilse Pfeifer
- Speech: Amy Morrison
- Plus guest instructors on special topics throughout the year!
International visa students pay an annual, non-refundable administrative fee of $150.
International students are welcome to apply for the Hagen Core Training. International students are required to obtain an F-1 visa to participate, and our International Student Advisors assist you with this process. For a listing of the required documentation to apply as an international student, please see the “International Students Only” section of the Hagen Core Training Application. This application form will allow you to upload all of the required documentation to apply as an international student. Questions? Email email@example.com
*ABOUT COLLEGE CREDIT TRANSFER:
The National College Credit Recommendation Service has evaluated, and recommends, The Hagen Core Training for college credit transfer. The program has been evaluated as equivalent to 52 credit hours in undergraduate study. NCCRS recommendations are recognized by over 1,500 accredited colleges and universities nationwide. For more information, visit www.nationalccrs.org/organizations/hb-studio.