The Hagen Summer Intensive is a rigorous, 6-week workshop that probes the practical applications of Uta Hagen’s technique as discussed in her book A CHALLENGE FOR THE ACTOR. Through acting technique, scene study, script analysis, and technical exercises, “The Six Steps” will become an integral part of the actor’s craft. When you have strong technique and more confidence in how to find yourself in the role, acting will be joyful. Classes include: Acting Technique, Scene Study, Alexander Technique, Movement & Voice.
Classes meet Mondays – Fridays, 9:00 am – 5:00 pm, over six weeks:
- 2024 HAGEN SUMMER INTENSIVE:
- June 24, 2024 – August 2, 2024 (Orientation June 23; no classes July 4)
- Apply Now for the 2024 Hagen Summer Intensive! Applications accepted on a rolling basis
- Early Admissions Deadline: March 5
(includes $50 non-refundable application fee)
*Fill out application from a computer – not a phone or tablet
For your audition please prepare two contrasting contemporary monologues, two-minutes each from published plays. Auditions take place by appointment virtually over Zoom. You will be contacted to schedule your audition after you submit your application.
WHAT YOU CAN EXPECT:
- A rigorous, integrated 6-week training that probes the practical applications of Uta Hagen’s approach to acting
- A faculty of master practitioners
- A direct, in-depth approach to your work and a safe, supportive, challenging environment
- To strengthen your craft and stretch all aspects of your instrument
- To complete the Intensive a stronger, more knowledgeable, more confident actor
- Director of Hagen Summer Intensive: Paul Pryce
- Acting Technique: Julissa Roman
- Alexander Technique: Martha Bernard
- Movement/Physical Acting: Michelle Uranowitz
- Scene Study: Paul Pryce
- Speaking Voice: Theresa McElwee
International visa students pay an annual, non-refundable administrative fee of $150.
International students are welcome to apply for the Hagen Summer Intensive. International students are required to obtain an F-1 visa to participate, and our International Student Advisors assist you with this process. For a listing of the required documentation to apply as an international student, please see the “International Students Only” section of the Hagen Summer Intensive Application. This application form will allow you to upload all of the required documentation to apply as an international student. Questions? Email email@example.com